Today Facebook reached the 1 billion active-user mark. 1 billion users. That’s quite remarkable! (And you thought you had a lot of friends on Facebook. Put that up against 1 billion!) That’s one out of every seven people on the earth. It’s a greater number than the populations of North and South America combined.
How do you approach Facebook? Is it a time-waster — or a time-saver? Is it a place to connect with old high school friends — or a tool to engage with your volunteers and other pastors in town? It a grave danger — or an enormous channel to do good? Is it a distraction — or a means to share the Gospel?
Today’s milestone at Facebook reminds us that we live in an exciting day. The world really is flat. Opportunities are huge.
By the way, are we connected online? Here are some great ways to start!
1. Connect with me on Facebook.
2. Connect with KidzMatter on Facebook.
3. Connect with me on Twitter.
4. Connect with KidzMatter on Twitter.
5. Connect on Instragram.
6. Sign up to get email notifications whenever we post something new on the blog (on the top-right side of the blog homepage).