If you were like me, you probably watched the first presidential debate last night. Did you stick around afterwards and listen to all the spin? Congratulations, I have some spin for you — not about the debate, but about Group’s second KidMin Conference last week.
Although I didn’t attend, I couldn’t help but hear all the chatter on Twitter (#kidmin12 hashtag) about what was happening just three hours from my home. After following the tweets and talking to friends who were there, here is my spin.
1. The growth from year 1 to year 2 is phenomenal! I don’t know that Group has released the official numbers, but I heard last year’s attendance was something like 1,500. This year I heard there were 3,000 plus in attendance. Doubling your numbers in one year is quite remarkable!
2. The marketing was solid. I have always admired Group for their marketing expertise. I received numerous emails and direct mails about the conference. It all looked good and made a compelling case to attend.
3. Bringing Beth Moore as a keynote speaker was genius. Who wouldn’t want to go and hear from her? She is a champion for passionately communicating truth, and I’m sure she hit it out of the ballpark.
4. From what I understand, the conference was heavily attended by women. Go girls! I wonder where all the men where? What made KidMin such a draw to the ladies? I don’t know how to spin this one.
5. The staff and volunteers at the conference were super friendly and made everyone feel at home. I heard this all over the place. I think this is pretty cool and speaks highly of Chris Yount Jones and her team.
Well, there’s some spin for you. I’m hoping it works out that Beth and I can attend the conference next October in Columbus. Maybe we will see you there!